Home | Log in | Join Now! | Blog | Contact    Subscribe to the InvestEd Forum feed (new threads) via RSS
InvestEd :: Wealth Education for Australian Investors

Notices

esuperfund

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #11
Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney, NSW
Like eSuperfund

I've been with eSuperfund for almost a year and have been through one yearly audit process last year, I've found them to be excellent and the whole process very easy.

I only have about $60K in the fund, and after being in AMP for over 10 years (half that time in conservative option) and calculating they made me 0.00% over that time, figured even if I stick the money into a term deposit I'll still be way ahead. Even in the boom times the best they did was 12%, then in other good years I got 2 or 3%, several other years were losses.

I can't say enough how useless AMP is.

I'm very happy to have found eSuperfund, I'm on track to do better in my first year than AMP ever did for me in 10 years.
gutfeeling is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Hi

I thought this sounded good when I looked at it but have since spoken to a couple of other investors (AIA members) who have used esuperfund and they found the level of service was non-existent. Maybe you get what you pay for.

From my experience no one can do an audit properly for $599 let alone all the rest. (When I did my accounts a totally independent auditor cost upwards of $700.)
Jenni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
Banned
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
Hi

I thought this sounded good when I looked at it but have since spoken to a couple of other investors (AIA members) who have used esuperfund and they found the level of service was non-existent. Maybe you get what you pay for.

From my experience no one can do an audit properly for $599 let alone all the rest. (When I did my accounts a totally independent auditor cost upwards of $700.)

If you aren’t receiving ongoing financial advice from these services, you shouldn’t be paying any fees. Why don’t you save yourself the $599 by nominating a broker who specialises in financial cash-back services- they refund back the trailing fees and commissions you pay and should recommend a true fee for service financial advisor.
e.stanton is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.stanton View Post
If you aren’t receiving ongoing financial advice from these services, you shouldn’t be paying any fees. Why don’t you save yourself the $599 by nominating a broker who specialises in financial cash-back services- they refund back the trailing fees and commissions you pay and should recommend a true fee for service financial advisor.
Hi e.stanton

I think you misunderstand - the $599 is to prepare and audit the accounts for a SMSF. It is not a commission of any kind - rather a fee for a service. All SMSF have to prepare accounts (usually but not always done by an accountant) and have an independent audit (compulsory).
Jenni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
Banned
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NSW
Hi,
yes sorry i was aware of that, i guess more tryng to prove a point for the others to see. I do understand the concept.
Its just really interesting to see that especially at this time, with new ground being made with regard to super, that people are still talking about paying fees and commissions (i guess soon to be a thing of the past for those who choose to have it so), as well as how much they are paying.
I understand the reservations that would be had when looking at eliminating fees and commissions, however, their lack of existance is soon to become standard as of 2012
And from past experience, it is near impossible to find a true fee for service broker, despite it being a task i thought would be easy.
So with regard to saving $599, i guess i was more leaning towards looking down avenues that would allow you to save money on on ongoing fees, and use these savings to pay for other upkeep. I guess another way of looking at things!
e.stanton is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, VIC
The only way to better this is to invest in a Separately Managed Account (SMA) with your super fund. There are 2 main advantages going this way:
1. Gives you access to a model share portfolio; and
2. Brokerage is much lower at 5 basis points vs. $20 per trade with an online broker. So on $500 you pay 25 cents with a SMA where you will pay $60 if you buy 3 shares with an online broker.
SuperWarehouse is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic
Over esuperfund

I am leaving esuperfund. Their service is shocking. You have to leave messages that never get returned. They responded rarely despite several physical letters or emails. They refused to complete required paperwork when I needed to transfer some funds. I had to write to the ATO to get action. They are cheap but you get no service.
Pay a bit more and at least get your calls answered!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Esuprefund

Looks very interesting.

No set up fee, annaul fee of $599 (includes audit). Macq CMT with rate of 5.7%, however shares must be traded via comsec (which with them being cheap isnt much of an issue).

Everything else is conducted by them. Makes a SMSF alot more attractive.

What are peoples opinions?
Over esuperfund is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over esuperfund View Post
I am leaving esuperfund. Their service is shocking. You have to leave messages that never get returned. They responded rarely despite several physical letters or emails. They refused to complete required paperwork when I needed to transfer some funds. I had to write to the ATO to get action. They are cheap but you get no service.
Pay a bit more and at least get your calls answered!
Interesting that you say this. I am in the process of joining esuperfund and have been most impressed with their prompt responses to my questions either by phone or email. They have been most helpfull.
RogerJ is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Copyright © 2006 Investor Education Pty Ltd (ACN 114 677 226)
Site by Hampel Group